for metadata describing items in the repository
- Access to some or all of the metadata is controlled.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided if:
- the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given,
- DiRROS as source is mentioned.
for full-text and other full data items
- Access to some or all full items is controlled.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- displayed or performed in any format or medium
- used for personal research or study, educational or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge if, provided:
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are stated
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the original copyright statement is stated
- the original rights permission statement (license) is stated
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full text and other full data items must not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing or citation analysis
- Full text and other full data items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Some full text or other full data items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
for all types of documents & data sets held in DiRROS
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- DiRROS holds all types of materials.
- Deposited items may include:
- submitted versions (preprints, author manuscripts prior to peer-review),
- accepted versions (postprints, author's final peer-reviewed (accepted) manuscripts),
- published versions (publisher`s version of record - published journal article).
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their version type and date.
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
- Principal languages: English; Slovenian; German; Croatian; Hungarian
concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members, academic staff, registered students, and employees of the institution
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- Eligible depositors must deposit all necessary bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
- Eligible depositors must deposit full texts of all their publications according to funders` or institutional policies, although a delay in making them publicly visible may be applied to comply with publishers' embargos.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of DiRROS, and valid layout & format
- The validity and authenticity of the submitted content is checked by internal subject specialists.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If DiRROS receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained for at least 20 years from the date of deposition.
- No functional specification policy has been defined.
- DiRROS regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- The original bit stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Journal publishers' rules
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are deleted entirely from the database.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are not retained.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The earlier version may be withdrawn from public view.
- In the event of DiRROS being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.